The Scanna SCANMAIL 10K is the world’s number one letterbomb detector, tried and trusted by over 100,000 users across the globe.
Scanmail is an electronic mailscreening device that instantly sounds visual and audible alarms when a suspect package passes through its detection zone.
Capable of detecting common mail bomb components, regardless of the type of explosive used, SCANMAIL 10K can quickly screen handfuls of mail or small packages with ease. It also has the ability to permit typical metallic stationery items such as paperclips and staples to pass through its hand-feed mailchute without signalling an alarm, thus ensuring there is no disruption nor delay to daily mailroom procedures.
- Scanmail 10K Mailscreener / Letter Bomb Detector
- Demo Kit
- Test Card
- Mains Lead
- Operating Manual
- 12 Month Back to Base Exchange Warranty
Standard system configuration
- Quickly screens bundles of mail and parcels up to 2.5” (6cm) thick (about the size of a standard telephone directory).
- Alerts instantly when potentially harmful items of mail i.e. mail bombs and their components (such as batteries or detonators), razor blades or weapons are detected, providing both audible and visual alarms.
- Ignores completely harmless stationery items such as paperclips and staples thus avoiding disruption to normal business and mail handling procedures.
- Ready to operate straight from the shipping carton. Requires no calibration, set-up or operator training. Emits no radiation and will not damage camera film, magnetic tape nor computer discs. Incorporates extra back-up circuitry.
- Weighs just 8 kgs (17 lbs). Can be moved to reception areas for spot checks on hand delivered items and courier deliveries. An integral battery can be used when mains power is not available.
100V +/- 15 and 220V +/- 15 single phase 50/60 hz – (state voltage when ordering)
420 mm x 446 mm x 228 mm (unpacked) 16.5″ x 17.5″ x 9 ” (unpacked)
520 mm x 550 mm x 320 mm (packed) 20.5″ x 21.5″ x 12.5″ (packed)
9 kgs (20 lbs) net, 13 kgs (30lbs) packed
Max Parcel Speed
38cm (15″) wide x 6 cm (2.5″) thick x unlimited length
Scanmail emits no radiation and will not damage camera film, magnetic tape, computer discs, CDs DVDs, video tape, ID cards, Credit Cards
- Spare Test Card
- Spare Demo Kit
- European Plug
- Flying Lead